Sunday, January 20, 2008

Excellence....


" Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible."


I got this from one of those inspirational pictures of an eagle soaring....from someone's office.


Caring? Do we take enough time to get to know folks nowadays? Or do we shy away because of the fear of being hurt? Or showing too much of ourselves? Connecting with people is key - in order to make a difference it takes caring.....but is it wise?


Risking? The opposite of safe, complacent, comfort, etc....but consider the rewards! Does fear of failure keep of from trying?


Dreaming? goals....Aspirations....Something to shoot for....visualization....


Expectations? Varies from person to person....can't hold the same expectations of yourself on others - but push yourself to accomplishment.....and help lead others to places they have never been.... Your thoughts......????

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Maintain self-confidence, self-control, independence. Consistent feeding of your spirit creates. Take appropriate precautions and nurture the finer things that are in tune with your needs and that faithfully satisfy multiple senses. Celebrate who and where you are right now without becoming bogged down by the end result.

Find reason to be joyful and grateful along the way. Take some time to acknowledge your current success. Revel in the there will always be more to achieve.

I am true to myself and will only regret the chances I don't take to seek or follow my hearts desire. I turn away from or make a clean sweep of that which does not honor or sustain my passion and love, and in this, I am not afraid. I am empowered to move forward or make space and my gift is letting go.